Tatiana Vorozheykina: "Much more important for the modernization of the diverse, strong and weak self-organization processes and people trying to change their position and type of interaction in their circle, and with authority. Supermodernizatsionnymi projects should become self-development projects in housing, the support of trade unions, environmental movement, the movement to protect cultural monuments, fighters sealing buildings and so on. That is all that makes a person stand in the face of government's own dignity and their humanity.This is key, and here every rush, every hysterical contraindicated. The process must grow from below, rather than by order of the authorities and not by order of the opposition. "
Editorial avtonom.org site does not share the liberal illusions about the beneficial nature of capitalism and the inevitability of the state. Nevertheless, it seems important fact of the increased interest in leftist and anarchist ideas of the very system of scientists and public figures. Therefore, we are reprinting an interview with political analyst Tatyana Vorozheykin, Dean of the Faculty of Political Science of the Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences and Professor at several American institutions.
- Tatiana E., you called a priority in the economic development of recurrence of the Soviet mentality.Would you like set priorities?
- Russia's problem is that with the last third of the XV century, including the Soviet period, power in all their endeavors as a means used by man. Constantly recreated by the type of relations of domination and subordination, in which a person wearing the power, took decisions on the fate of millions of people, perceiving them as their subordinates.Saying "I'm boss, you're a fool" expresses, in my view, the essence of Russian power. This impasse in civilization and human relations, and economic, too, because such a person can not be the bearer of modernization, which would force the authorities did not try to implement it. In captivity do not breed innovation. Conversation: modernization of the economy or the collapse of the country, I think, in the same logic.Better, in my view, to see whether at the micro, meso and macro to change the existing type of relations? Can I convert a relationship based on domination and subordination, to transform them in cooperation and collaboration.
- Do you think this is possible?
- In my opinion, is much more important to upgrade the diverse, strong and weak self-organization processes and people trying to change their position and type of interaction in their circle, and with authority. Supermodernizatsionnymi projects should become self-development projects in housing, the support of trade unions, environmental movements, movements for cultural monuments, fighters sealing buildings and so on.That is all that makes a person stand in the face of government's own dignity and his humanity. This is key, and here every rush, every hysterical contraindicated. The process must grow from below, rather than by order of the authorities and not by order of the opposition. The Art of the opposition is to develop fruitful cooperation and collaboration with various action teams, as it was in Poland in the late 80's and as it was in Brazil in the last twenty years.
- In your opinion, the type of state based on domination and subordination characteristic only for Russia?
- In Russia there is no state as a system of public institutions, which is adopted in the West.The state in Russia, and is naked now - a mechanism for enriching the powers that be, ultimately privatized substance, which only accidentally called Russian Federation.This is actually a private corporation for services for private interests a small group of people. And everybody knows these people. They come from the same town, from one department, one of summer community. Here they reveal the essence of the long-standing type of state in Russia, a key aspect of which is social dominance: broadcast orders, ideas and opinions from top to bottom. If we start against the state and among themselves to defend a different type of social behavior, the type of cooperation, discussion, respect for others' dignity, it was then, probably, the state and will begin to change.
- What have you to say the left, who argue that Western states represent the power of capital, ie government by the few who oppress others?
- A critique of the modern left, especially the Latin American left, I think largely fair.But I believe that the democratic structure of the state - this is not a Western value, but a universal value. Western democracy, which is becoming an important means of sanitation social interests and interaction with civil society, these problems if not solved completely, then at least softens.
- Did the Soviet government proclaimed the abolition of the state is not based on domination and subordination?
- This is a very big conversation.In fact, in my opinion, during the Revolution and subsequent civil war was not a clash of two forces, but three. A third force was a popular movement against the autocracy, against landlordism, against the terrible excesses of Russian capitalism, which in 1908 was not ready to abolish the 12-hour working day and enter a 10-hour, as the capitalists believed that the Russian industry would suffer.I think this is a popular movement was crushed by Soviet authorities as early as 1918. His most vivid incarnation was, of course, the anarchist movement of Nestor Makhno. All that really remains of the revolution, was sandwiched between the white and red. Can you send it to a magnificent book Vasily Golovanov series ZHZL "Nestor Makhno", where all these problems posed.People already not with the Bolsheviks. He was in another place.
- How to achieve real democracy? Draw on international experience?
- I gave an example of anarchism. This is his domestic experience - Bakunin, Kropotkin, Makhno - which is not embodied. My disagreement with anarchism is that it denies the state in general, but I think that the state can be reformed and what you can do legal polity inevitable continuation of the civil society. In a large space, koiRussia is, can not do without the state, but it should build from the bottom.