On the 5th of April, activists of Denmark and Sweden came to The Embassy of the Republic of Ukraine in Copenhagen in order to show their solidarity with "Khimki hostage" Denis Solopov, who arrived to Ukraine in search of asylum from repressions of Russian authorities and who is in Pre-Trial Detention Facility Luk'yanovsky in Kiev.
On the 4th of April 2011 in district court Shevchenkovsky in Kiev was held hearing, where was come to a decision of extraditional arrest of Denis Solopov. It means, that Denis will be under arrest until Ukraine General Procurator’s Office brings a question to a decision of his extradition.
The members of the picket unwrapped the banners and chanted slogan: "Freedom for Denis Solopov" and "Asylum Now!" and handed around leaflets with the call to solidarity with Denis.
At the embassy no one opened the door, but activists have put in the mailbox a letter to the Ambassador of Ukraine in Denmark with the demands:
1. To accept Denis Solopov extradition as impossible;
2. To release him from custody immediately.
Links on the subject material:
- Spetsrazdel dedicated to fighting for the preservation of Khimki forest and release of the arrested anti-fascists Gaskarova A. and M. Solopova
- The prosecutor's office confirmed the indictment in the case of defeat Khimkinskaya Administration
- tootchet) "> Izhevsk: An action of solidarity with the hostages Khimki (photos)
- Shares in defense Khimki hostages were held in Krakow, Paris and Nis
- Days of united action 2.0
- Ekooborona and Repression in Russia
- of the hostage "by Alexei Gaskarova"> The court dismissed from the custody of the second "Khimki hostage" by Alexei Gaskarova
- Khimki city court freed from custody Maxim Solopova